- existing initiatives : partenership between IUCN France and sub-national governement about regional strategy for biodiversity and ecosystem services, LAB of ICLEI
- implementation of the Plan of Action on Sub-national Governments, Cities, and other Local Authorities for Biodiversity (Nagoya 2010)
Major issue :How can local and sub-national authorities rely on the expertise of IUCN (Secretariat, IUCN members, national and regional committees, experts) to archeive the Aichi targets ?
Complementary issues :
- Show how, today, local and regional authorities rely on the expertise of the IUCN to implement the Aichi targets ? What is the best way for IUCN to assist local and regional authorities ?
- Identify gaps, brakes and needs by local authorities to reach the Aichi targets ?
- Identify key elements leading to the anticipation of an exchange platform between local and regional authorities and IUCN ? Study synergies with existing network of local authorities
All partners and supporters :
- Urban Specialist Group of the World Commission on Protected Areas
- Conseils régionaux de France (Île de France, Aquitaine, Centre, PACA et Association des Régions de France (ARF)) and Generalitat de Catalunya
- IUCN Europe
- The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD)
- ICLEI (Cities Biodiversity Center - Local Governments for Sustainability)
- nrg4sD (Network of regional government for sustainable developpement)
- Spanish Committee of IUCN