This workshop will identify the lessons learnt to address marine conservation challenges in Yellow and Mediterranean Seas.
Through success stories and examples, it will bring some solutions to the audience to improve marine conservation in Regional Seas.
The workshop will enable the transfer of knowledge, know-how, local solutions and regional instruments from the Yellow and Mediterranean Seas case studies to help other regions of the world to reach the main challenges of marine conservation .
The workshop will address:
1- management efficiency : the value of MPA networking, capacity building and awareness-raising will be presented
2- governance at a regional level : model of regional Seas governance will be presented with the question of the High-Sea in particular ; legal issues will be presented with the question of enforcement in MPAs.
The complete list of co-organizers is available below :
- MedPAN organization
- IUCN - Commission on Environmental Law - Global Marine Programme - IUCN Center for Mediterranean Cooperation
- Korea National Park Service
- Korea Environmental Education Network
- Korean Society of Oceanography
-Korea Maritime Institute, KMI
- WWF Japan
- WWF Mediterranean programme
- China Wildlife Conservation Association
- Conservatoire du Littoral