This workshop, convened by IUCN’s President Ashok Khosla, will bring together several major global Think Tanks and Networks that apply trans-disciplinary systems science to analyse the multifaceted
problems of environment and society. The purpose of the session is to show that systems thinking and modeling tools can contribute significantly to our understanding of the behavior of complex natural systems. Such understanding is essential to enable us to better integrate the latest science and foster cross-pollination of ideas among all relevant sectors and disciplines and, particularly, to influence policies and action aimed at a sustainable future.
Subject to interest from participants, the workshop will be followed by a series of informal hands-on classes demonstrating System Dynamics modeling techniques and identifying projects that can
benefit from their use.
- Gillian Martin-Mehers, Co-President, Balaton Group
- Karan Khosla,CEO, EarthSafe Enterprises and Systems Dynamics Society of India
- Robert Hoffman, Associate Member, Club of Rome
- Gaëll Mainguy, Veolia Environment Institute
- Professor Yuan-Tseh Lee, President of the International Council for Science
- Ruksana Mirza, Holcim Group Support, Sustainable Development
- Pavan Sukhdev, Study Leader, The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity