This workshop, hosted by IUCN’s President Dr. Ashok Khosla, will provide an opportunity for young people and youth groups to become involved with IUCN and to make commitments to conserve biodiversity. It will also help youth to work for providing nature based solutions to the problems faced by all generations.
The session, which will also welcome representatives of organizations interested in supporting such a youth conservation movement, is intended to culminate in the launch of a corps of young volunteers. The aim is to help youth to contribute meaningfully to the design of new systems by which humankind and nature can have a healthy future together.
- Grace Mwaura, IUCN Councilor
- Dominic Stucker, Convener, IUCN Task Force on Intergenerational Partnership for Sustainability
- Jessica Sweidan, Trustee, Synchronicity Earth
- Keith Wheeler, Chair of IUCN’s Commission on Education and Communication
- Haruhiko Kuroda, President, ADB