The session is dedicated to present the latest initiatives and publications of IUCN Med related to specific ecosystems and case studies in the Mediterranean and in North Africa:
• Atlas of Al Hoceima National Park (Morocco)
• Towards a representative network of Marine protected areas in Libya
• Mediterreanean Seagrass Meadows: Resilience and contribution to climate change mitigation
• Towards a representative network of marine protected areas in the Alboran Sea (Mediterranean Sea)
• Mediterranean submarine canyons: ecology and governance.
The aim of this session is to share the findings and lessons learned from these studies and exhort national and regional partners to develop joint initiatives to diversify activities for marine and coastal ecosystem conservation in the Mediterranean.