1. Presentation of the Mekong Water Dialogue (PPT)
• History and status of cooperation: challenges and opportunities
• Civil Society engagement: local and international
• Private sector engagement: local and international partnerships
• Future challenges and opportunities
2. Panel on NGO-government-private sector dialogue in development (60 min)
• Ms. Heidi Hautala, Minister for International Development of Finland
• Dr Ashok Khosla, President of IUCN, Chairman, Development Alternatives, India
• Mr Javed Jabbar, IUCN Regional Councillor, Chairman, JJ Media (Pvt) Ltd., Pakistan
• Dr Paul Chamnien Vorratnchaiphan, Senior Director, Thailand Environmental Institute (TEI) (TBC)
• Government representatives (TBC)
• Academia (TBC)
Items for discussion include:
• What is the role and responsibility of government in a transboundary (TB) context?
• What interfaces are there for Government / Non-government collaboration in TB Water cooperation? What are the parts of private sector? Limitations, unexplored opportunities?
• What best practices in the Mekong/elsewhere?
3. Open moderated discussion – 30 min